1. French Toast: In shallow bowl, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip slices of Bauducco Panettone into egg mixture, coating both sides and letting excess drip back into bowl.
2. Melt 2 tbsp butter in skillet or griddle set over high heat. In batches, cook French toast for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, adding additional butter to skillet as needed.
3. Syrup: Combine sugar, 2 cups water, cinnamon sticks and lime rind; bring to boil. Stir in vanilla; boil for about 20 minutes or until thickened and syrupy. Remove lime rind and cinnamon sticks. Let cool slightly. Serve warm syrup with French toast.
• To test if the syrup is ready, scoop up some of the syrup with a spoon. When the drops blend together, the syrup is ready.
• Serve with fresh berries and a dollop of yogurt, whipped cream or mascarpone cheese.